Covenant Living is closely monitoring the coronavirus situation and taking appropriate precautions learn more.
Restore Your Physicality
Our vestibular service is defined by your needs and designed with our innovation.
A vestibular deficit can increase a customer’s likelihood for injury. Once diagnosed by a physician, Vestibular Service customers work with therapists to improve balance, decrease dizziness, improve overall fitness, and minimize falls by restoring normal vestibular function and postural control.
Vestibular Service provides improvement for clients coping with:
- Stroke and vascular insufficiencies
- Aging, dizziness, and balance
- Labyrinthitis – inner ear infection
- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo
- Acute vertigo caused by head trauma or whiplash
- Chronic vertigo caused by chemical or drug toxicity
- Acoustic neuromas
- Meniere’s Disease
- Age-related multi-sensory deficits
Vestibular Service includes:
- A comprehensive evaluation in vestibular, proprioceptive, and visual system
- Analysis of functional abilities
- Ambulation with head movement, turns, and speed changes
- Neuromuscular integrity
- Muscle strength
- Static/dynamic balance when sitting and standing
- Exercise protocol focusing on restoring muscle strength
- Enhancement of eye-head coordination to maintain stable gaze
- Improvement of postural control
- Gait stability
CovenantCare at Home therapists are specifically trained in Vestibular Rehab Therapy. Educating our patients and their families regarding treatment and expectations is an integral part of the program.